A trip to the Pink City would be totally incomplete without experiencing its grand Bazaars that make up for the huge tourist crowds that the city attracts. A majority of the bazaars are located inside the pink city walls and offer a plethora of articles such as clothes, footwear, handicrafts, decorative items, utensils and furniture etc. Listed below are the various shopping districts in the pink city and the items that can be bought.
- Bapu Bazaar – Textiles and Garments
- Nehru Bazaar – Footwear, Household Items, Blue Pottery
- Johri Bazaar – Jewellery, Gemstones, Bandhej Sarees and Garments
- M.I. Road – Handicrafts, Branded Showrooms, Antique Jewellery
- Chaura Rasta – Bookstores, Maps Of Jaipur and Tailors
- Badi Chaupar – Jaipur Turbans
- Choti Chaupar – Straw Furniture
- Kalyan Ji Ka Rasta – Marble Statues and Idols
- Tripolia Bazaar – Lac Jewellery, Bangles and Textiles
- Khazane Walo Ka Rasta – Handicrafts, Sculptures and Stone carving
For most shoppers the Bapu Bazaar, Nehru Bazaar and Johri Bazaar are the best areas for shopping. Johri Bazaar has been known to be famous for its several jewellery stores that sell traditional and modern jewellery since the 17th century.
Entry Timings (Several shops and districts are closed on Sundays)
Summers – 10:30 am to 8.30 pm
Winters – 10:30 am to 7:30 pm
During festive season, due to the heavy influx of visitors the markets may stay open till late.